T.J. Samson Community Hospital
- 196-bed acute care hospital
- Patient Base > 200,000 people
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 10 Bed Critical Care Unit
- MRI/CT/PET/Nuclear Medicine
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Davinci surgery
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Endoscopy Suite
- Wound Treatment center
- Sleep Lab
- Helicopter pad on campus, which provides emergent access to University of Louisville, University of Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.
- Residents may park in the reserved Physicians’ Parking
For more information visit the T.J. Samson Community Hospital website.
Norton Children’s Hospital
Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, is a facility dedicated exclusively to the treatment of infants, children, and adolescents. Norton provides advanced care in pediatrics ranging from minor injuries to rare, life-threatening diseases.
Residents in our program spend three (non-consecutive) rotation blocks at Norton Children’s Hospital during their first year. Two of the blocks are spent on pediatric inpatient wards, and one month is spent in Norton’s emergency department.
A furnished apartment, approximately three blocks from the hospital, is provided by the residency program. The apartment complex features a gym, an enclosed parking garage and 24-hour security that limits public access to most of the building. The intense immersion in pediatric care, along with the teaching of the pediatric attendings, provides residents with an excellent learning experience.
For more information visit the Norton Children’s Hospital website.
University of Louisville
The School of Medicine is part of the modern Health Sciences Center located near downtown Louisville that also includes the Schools of Dentistry and Nursing, and the College of Health and Social Services.
For more information visit the louisville.edu